Monday, September 12, 2005

Back to work Biatch!

Today i went back to work. 60+ days after returning from Iraq i finally feel like life is back fully in order. It was great to be home lounging and LAZY , but i needed to get back to work to get the full effect of now being a Civillian. It was new and exciting as my office moved from one location to another. Altho farther in distance, it's faster to get to the new building. ALL highway driving. OUTSTANDING!!!! Was great to see new and old co-workers and get an awesome welcoming by them. Got some kick ass new toys, New Laptop DELL D600, new DELL Optiplex GX280 with Flat Panel Monitor, and a whole slew of Servers i get to set up and Deploy later this month. Dont remember the specs off hand, but will get them tommorrow and post here. Its exciting as i'm going back to a real busy IS dept and look to get right back in the swing of things. It was good to hear co-workers state, Man it seems like you were never gone, as i jumped right back into the swing of things and was all about shop talk..

Ahh i almost forgot, my lil man started school as well. He is in the 3rd grade SAWeet! This will be my first school year that I'll be home in its entirety. Cant wait to do Parent-Teacher confrences, Join the PTA ( just kidding), see school plays, heck even chaperone a school dance. The finer things one misses while abroad. That was a big reaso for me getting out and just being a civillian. I loved what i did and was great at what i did, but i felt i was missing out on my kids growing up and wanted to be a part of it.

Tomorrow is day 2, and i actually look forward to it. Hehe in a months time i'll be cursing work and wishing i was back on m y couch and staying up late gamig on Xbox Live...

5 comments:

LSG said...

I see you got it all working! I've slacked off lately, but welcome the the bloggin' world!

Aaron said...

Welcome back to the working world!

I too am settling in to these new digs down here in Florida and lovin it so far!

Keep up the bloggin! I'll be checkin in on ya! Hopefully I'll have ya in my scope again soon as well!

Brandon Cackowski-Schnell said...

I've been back to work for a little over a month now, and from what I can tell, regular employment is extremely overrated. ;)

CatSpit said...

Welcome back to civvies, Em. I have this lovely vision of you going postal on crashed servers with the 249..

Melvin "eM" Arroyo said...

lsg this is a neat thing to do just took sometime to get off the ground and bloggin.

No doubt Scary... from your GiD your deadly..

Joe, hehe... fo-sh0!! would rock to do that like Stallone did with the M60 in Rambo II

Asphyxiate it feels good, altho i just traded my desert boots for Timberlands. Rockin some loose fit or baggy jeans with a Polo or Button up is way better then fatigues.. f0-sh0!!!