Friday, September 23, 2005

Wholy Fuck! that is my common saying besides AWESOME! wholy fuCk is much suited as i'm done week 2 of coming back to work. This will be the last update of my return to work. it'll start to get boring. My contirbution to my work week and my div was this line of code:

Expr1: "w" & Format(DatePart("ww",[Date]),"00")

Amazing huh! Besides the usual Hell Desk calls and random trips around the floor and getting stopped and asked ID10T error questions that line of code made 1 dept in my Divions month. The director wanted me to re-do this report frm a monthly crosstab, to a weekly crosstab. We have since i was gone my Director brought on board all these consultants to do all these conversions from SQL foxpro/access and god knows what other DBIII design to .Net apps. I was going to help and do these conversions before i was deployed. I'm really good at database mgmt and design, but rather do Networking. Well after my last deployment (not this one Sept of 2002) i was pushed in to the networking part of the Dept. AWESOME!!!

K, back to WHOLY FUCK! i love that response to Detarded people or questions. let me define DeTard: one who is dummer than a retard. Tracking! No, k one more time then. DeTard: one who is dummer than a retard. Good lets move on. Welp while on a call for another issue ( ID10T error ) i was asked about a solution to this particular problem. I was like i have to see if there was a request in the Help Desk or job order for the consultants. That was my excuse not to have anything to deal with database crap. I tended to the immediate problem, then headed back to my desk. I wanted to just finnish listening to a new CD i downloaded last nite DJ_Ideal_Lil_Flip-Da_Bottom_Vol._6, ( relax i have full intientions to buy it at a very later date.. :) ) and browse the net. I need ideas for new grafix for this site/blog. Looking ot revamp this puppy over the weekend. Curiosity got to me so i looked in the Logs of calls/jobs and seen that the request was still open. WOW!!!

Tangent:
( i forgot WOW was a saying derived back in the days of
Iraq
) has two meanings, can be nice ways of saying WHOLY
FUCK
and you FUCKEN DETARD in the work enviornment
or that i'm astonished or elated at a particular thing. like them $.50
cent words
? hehe..

Flash Back Friday: In Iraq.. Detard.. Fuck Stick and Wholy Fuck werent hidden in the work enviornment, they were used openly.


It was still open. I asked my boss can i clear some of these tickets off Help Desk database? sure knock yourself out. OUTSTANDING! snuk a peek at the database, ( he said snuck!, Wild Turkey heh! ) then asked them over paid Detarded consultants about the crosstab query that needed to be re-done.

Oh its going to take lines of code in VB and a new form/report to be designed to get exactly what they want,
the Detard states. WOW came out, but wanted to say Wholy Fuck!!! Launch the database and lets take a look. Were looking at the cross tab query in design view. K, seems like what he said is so, but lets sneak a peek at it in SQL. I love but hate it at the same time (SQL). ahhh, thats it just change this line:

PIVOT Format([Date],"mmm") In ("Jan","Feb","Mar","Apr","May","Jun","Jul","Aug","Sep","Oct","Nov","Dec");

to

<code>Expr1: "w" & Format(DatePart("ww",[Date]),"00")

So instead of it reading, Jan.. FEB.. MAR... in the column heading it will read w01.. w02.. w03 instead. ahh, that worked states the DeTard. No shit, i said to myself. Not saying i'm a genious or anything, but i HATE databases and SQL so much that i can do it in my sleep. The moral to this Blog and my Ramp is Now that i'm back give me a raise, and get rid of these good for nothing consultants. I'm good at eating up time and money, dont need others sharing the wealth.


I leave you with a quick problem to solve:

1
11
21
1211
111221

whats the next line in the sequence?


eM - OUT!

4 comments:

Aaron said...

LOL! Outstanding read there!!!

Ya know, detards are a standard almost anywhere! But I totally agree with your take there!

Welcome back to the civilian life, full of detards my friend!

Melvin "eM" Arroyo said...

hehe, thanks scary.. yeah there every where. i have a co-worker DeTard/waterhead to the core.

Anonymous said...

I don't know binary code, but I have friends that could tell you what is next. Or you could just tell me...

Melvin "eM" Arroyo said...

lmao... hey Squirrel! Live forn Iraq folks. nice to see ya stopping by. I'll post answer monday. Be safe and keep your head down!