Monday, September 26, 2005

Camel Meat anyone?

For Jenni. Here are some pictures of Camels in Iraq and Kuwait. I almost broad sided one on a mission. Brought my 5ton tractor to a screeching hault as it crossed the road in front of me. I also remember the day we were heading north into Iraq from Kuwait we came across this delirious camel that almost broad sided one of our tankers. This crazy asz camel was running all over the place in 100+ heat. I was like if he cant handle this weather its going to be one long year for me. Here are a few more for you Jenni.
The very few day missions we ran we were able to get these pics. Altho at nite you see this mass of hunk of camel on the side of the road while doing 65+ mph you pray he wont cross as you come upon him. In my archive i have a picture of a camel toe, :) haha... got to find it tho.

5 comments:

Jenni said...

THANK YOU!!!!! You rock SSG! That is one of the things I wish I could see... a camel in it's natural habitat. Why? Who F**Kin knows! lol. I am just wierd like that! My husband didn't see any, so he didn't get any pics, then cause of OPSEC, he couldn't send any pics home anyway! I am sure if I stay in the army long, I will eventually get and invite to the big sand dance. Maybe I will see some myself! Until then... thanks for the pics! *SMILES*

Melvin "eM" Arroyo said...

YW! also depending on where he is located, Dont say! he might not see any. I didnt see any up in my area, only in the southern part of Iraq (kuwaiti Border and as far north as Talil). keep checking back as i'll from time to time (everyday probs) post pictures from there.

Silver said...

Camel Toes?
Dude, you're so the man!

Tracy said...

Dude, you rock. I don't think I know anyone with a picture of camel toes. I wonder what camel meat tastes like...

Melvin "eM" Arroyo said...

didnt dare try any food outside of the camp. I got a bad case af the I wanna Die-A-Riya from bottled water. Thought for sure i was going to dehydrate from that alone. Worst case scenario, it was thru a 2 day sandstorm. Liquid poop and drudging thru a sandstorm.. good times!