Thursday, September 29, 2005

eM249ine Design

I have been doing grafix for a number of years non-commercially. Application i was using was Adobe Photoshop 7. While in Iraq i did a few designs on my down time. This was to be a signature for a forum i frequent but never published. It was fun to design and get my mind off the deployment. I'll share a few with you.

M249 SAW
Description and Specifications A lightweight, gas-operated, one-man-portable automatic weapon capable of delivering a large volume of effective fire at ranges up to 800 meters. Two M249s are issued per infantry squad. It is scheduled to replace the M60 7.62 medium machine gun in certain units.

  • Caliber: 5.56 mm
  • Weight: 16.5 lbs
  • Max effective range: 1000 m (area target) 600 m (point target)
  • Rate of fire: 750 rounds per minute


While learning how to do face plates for media apps WinAmp, i created this one. Was fun after i got the hang of layers and manipulating shapes with bevels and styles. The final product came out decent. Wish i had a picture of the full version. I could re-create th whole thing in a few hours. Sux losing a whole batch of .psd files.


FTL - Fuck This Life. This is how i felt about Iraq when i first got there. I hated the heat and thought there was No way could survive 1 year in that hell hole. This was a rip i took of a wallpaper. I did 3-4 different styles of giving you the finger, hehe... It was easy, took me about 10 minutes to do. I used it as a Sig at X-N-C for a while. Later in my deployment it was our way of saying hi and or non verbal communication. I got plenty of these while Assphualt Pounding in Iraq. Hey you get one of These? Now we dont see each other face to face, so i'll post here for my fellow Wild Turkeys to see as they check out my blog. I got the original file and will create awhole page soley with this topic for you all to visit. But in email i send my ascii code of it oOoo.

Whisky Turds i made a few more designs for shirts. I'm going to need your sizes again so i can have one sent to each of you. Wild Turkey these are on me. Stay tuned for a few more pieces to be posted. eM~OUT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you going to pick that cool blue color again???

Melvin "eM" Arroyo said...

hehe, nah white or umm.. white.. ;)