Wednesday, September 28, 2005


Technical Writing.

WOW, i'm diggin deep here. I got to unravel some hidden skill. I really liked this class while in school and almost persued it as a full time job. In Information Systems from time to time i have to write instructions for fellow staff and for the ID10T users on my network. This flux capacitor is connected to that do-hicky looped with that thing-a-ma-jiggy. Then take the 3 widgets and chuck them cause they are left overs, and you'll probably need them later, but i'll forget to add them in this document. Please call Help Desk if you have any questions and leave a message at the beep. ------BEEP!
Its awesome to write them out and add pictures of exactly what they'll look like or what the user will see upon starting them and they'll still call cause they are lost.

I didnt have anythig to stressfull to do at work this week. Nothing really mind boggling. Just some crazy issues with USB ports and WinXP. Dell Dell, Dell.... If i could get paid for tweaks and fixes i've done i could retire from this job where i dont do anything to begin with.

Hey no one attempted my puzzle a few posts ago, here is the next line:

312211

follow the pattern yet? its easy.

Whew one more day. Firday i'm not in the office; on the road. I can sleep in and i get off early... woo-hoo! Happy hour here i come. Drinks on ME, Literally on ME!! ;p

3 comments:

Aaron said...

Ha, nice pic up there!

Yeah, that's an area I'm pretty good at as well, technical document writing rocks!

I had to do something similar at my last job. We would make bone screws and these jack asses would have me photograph the screws for burrs (little slivers of metal on the screws themselves) print out the photos and highlight the burrs. How ridiculous is that??

Friday is just upon us now! I can feel it! Internet, phone and HDTV Cable tonight, beers and FarCry come Friday! Weeeeeeee! See ya in my scopes!

Melvin "eM" Arroyo said...

for sure... man it just got worse, instead of re-vising i may have to re-do from scratch a document. DAYUM!!! they want me to implement a new app into Out Look and it changed to the whole set up of it due to this oracle connector. to then in a bouyt 3 months go to an Exchange server and i'll re-start this whole process with new instructions.. ARRGH!

Yes friday for sure will need BEERS, Far Cry and gettin blown to bits. OUTSTANDING!!!

anonymous said...

Technical writing can be such a pain in the hindquarters. I feel your pain! Some of the worst tech writing I've seen is baby crib assembly intsructions. That'll ruin an evening for ya!